Saturday 12 May 2012

Liebster.

I have been very kindly handed a Liebster award from Susan at Not just any old baking. I was awarded it a while ago and I am slightly ashamed to admit that I am only now getting around to fulfilling my end of the deal.


The origins of the Liebster Blog award are somewhat unclear but the general consensus is that it originated in Germany, Liebster meaning favourite or dearest, to showcase bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. Upon accepting the award the recipient must then pass it on to five more blogs of note. A way of introducing other bloggers to the blogs you enjoy.


So without further adue my awards go to:


Fold in the flour I have only recently discovered this blog and believe that it deserves far more recognition than it gets. I am dying to try her rose and lemon macarons I just need to track down some rose syrup.


Vanilla frost cakes I love this blog I am continuously amazed by what she manages to achieve with fondant icing.

Weekly bake off I find the premise behind this blog really inspiring, it challenges you to bake the same recipe as everyone else that week and then to compare results. It proves that no matter how good a cook you are every time you make something it will turn out slightly different every time and to have confidence in what you bake.


Cake fairy blog I must admit that I am not a huge cupcake fan the average cup cake in my opinion is a dry sponge with too much overly sweet icing. However every time I read this blog I can't help but salivate.


Emma's kitchen diary This blog is very new but I was won over on my first visit. It is already full of recipes which are just my kind of food that I can't wait to have the time pending the completion of my finals to cook.





3 comments:

  1. An award! How lovely! Thanks so much for this. Glad to hear you enjoy my blog. Loved your marble bundt cake picture by the way, great layering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thank you so much for this - I'm really flattered that you like my blog! I'm also glad to have discovered yours - there are so many great posts! Looking forward to some happy reading! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- thank you so much! I'm very excited- as you say my blog is still very new. Looking forward to looking at your other favourite blogs x

    ReplyDelete